Flippy the pizza bear

Flippy the pizza bear
The music playing was so epic! And I loved this show!!!

Saturday, November 6, 2010

Crimson Remembrance Chapter Two

(Flippy's POV) Chapter Two: Victory at Last
My heart literally froze after that last thump. Panic flowed throughout my blood. I pulled out my walkie-talkie, cranking the volume knob down low. Crouching even more behind a mammoth black leather suitcase (most likely containing bombs of some sort), I squeaked through gritted teeth "I have a situation here." Static noises. Then, a deep voice. "What kind of situation?" "As in, I snuck into the General's tent to find his main source of weaponry, and I think he's waking up..." I explained in an instant, my throat drying up. "FLIPPY! You need to get out of there and fast!" Sneaky croaked from the receiver. Opening my mouth to answer, the sound of the tent unzipping interrupted me. Quickly, I shut the walkie-talkie down. "Sir, we have not yet seen any approach or attack from the enemy. The others and I are becoming suspicious of the lack of activity." a tiger soldier announced. Hearing the rocky soil crunch under their feet, I held my breath, praying to god that they wouldn't spot me. "Very well, then. But it's not like those simpletons can be planning anything too devious up their sleeves." the Tiger General grumbled, stumbling after his soldier out of the tent. A low growl rose up from my throat at the insult. My team and I aren't... simpletons! Seeing no indication that anyone was near the tent, I turning the walkie-talkie back on again. "You still there?" I asked. Silence. Suddenly, a rustle coming from the bushes. A shadow from outside appeared at the foot of the Commander's tent. I let out a small gasp. They were back already?! But it turned out to just be Sneaky... I smiled with relief. "Good, it's you. For a moment there, I could of sworn I was a goner!" "Yes, yes... now, let's get outta here!" His exclamation was followed by an explosion that bordered the camp grounds. With the floor vibrating beneath me, I screamed "Holy crap! What's happening?!" Escaping the tent after me, Sneaky snickered. "Mouse Ka-Boom was creating a distraction so that I cold bring you back." he replied. I grinned. "You guys are the best." "We wouldn't be anything without our commanding officer." Darting past the vine-wrapped trees and the mossy green bushes, soon enough we reached our required destination. Drenched in sweat, Mouse Ka-Boom tossed that last explosive device we had left. "Flippeh! We have run out of ze explosivees!" he exclaimed. "Everything?! Even the hand grenades?" I questioned. Sadly, his gaze went to the grass, letting a quiet "Oui." escape his lips. Stumped, I rubbed my chin, only to remember that I had kept a spare nuclear bomb in my bag just in case I needed it. Hauling it to the floor, I pulled the device out of my collection of belongings. My teammates huddled around me. "Genius, sir! We can wipe out the entire tiger army... that is, if we get them gathered up." Sneaky said. "Hm... and I think I might know a way." I told them. "But how, Flippeh?" Mouse Ka-Boom asked. "You think that a few workers from Duncan Donuts can fly out into a war zone to deliver something?"
~ ~ ~
"Really? Donuts?" Sneaky's slime-covered tongue slipped out of his mouth during the sentence. I gave him a stern glare. "Everybody likes donuts, riiiight?" "Well, I suppose so, but-" "Then don't question the donuts!" I snapped back. We set up the open boxes of jelly donuts right on our border, letting the tangy scent kcik in. We hurried back into the bushes and kept surveillance. "This isn't gonna-" "Shuddup, Sneaky." I hissed, keeping my eyes glued to the cardboard containers. And with little time passing, the tiger soldiers began accumulating near the food, munching on the gooey insides of the donuts. Throwing the final cargo into the back of my truck, I sputtered "Let's activate that bomb before they separate."I felt a tap on my shoulder. "Uh... Flippeh?" I turned, showing my annoyance. Mouse Ka-Boom nervously shifted his eyes to the large group of soldiers, followed by the General. "What is it?" I asked, carefully slicing off a tree branch that was blocking my view. "Uh... isn't that...?" My eyes grew wide with horror. Standing in the foreground, I could easily spot the one tiger that looked different; gigantic orange eyes with speckles of scarlet the covered nearly half of his face (and a scar reaching through the right one), weapons dangling from his belt, razor sharp fangs sticking out of his mouth, a long shirt with black sleeves that went down to his sharp claws. I'd recognize him from anywhere. From shock to impulsive rage, I lunged myself through the shrubs, just wanting a shot to rip his limb from limb, but my partners yanked me back. "Are you crazee?" "Yeah, what were you thinking?!" "I want to put him through the same kind of pain he did for me!" I barked, tears flooding my eyes. "Keep it down! And you shouldn't worry about revenge... he'll be dead once we trigger that bomb." Sneaky reassured me. "We need to get out of here so we can do it, though." "Y-you're right," I said shakily, sniffling. "Let's hop to it, men." Crammed inside the truck, I steered away as fast as my car could go. When we got far away enough, Mouse Ka-Boom took out the pump and chuckled. "I have alvays wantid to do dis!" he shouted, pushing down. The explosion was so loud, I thought it had busted my ear drums. Detached body parts flew, even all the way t0 where we were located. I took a deep breath, and saluted my team. "We... have finally defeated the tiger army." I announced, beaming with pride.
~ ~ ~
(Flaky's POV)
My suspicions arose when chunks of people started walking by my house, in the exact same direction. Keeping my guard locked, I joined the crowds outside, trying helplessly to get someone to explain what's going on. The words were in fragments, but little by little, I could piece together what the citizens were chatting about. "The tigers have lost at last, eh?" "Wonder what took them so long..." "I heard their leader, uh, Floppy or whatever, is moving here to Happy Tree Town!" "Aw man, that nut? From what I've heard, he's insane!" I frowned, confused past the limit. What was everyone talking about? Finally spotting yellow bunny ears towards the front, I shrieked "Cuddles!" He froze in his tracks and looked back at me. After a few seconds of running, I caught up to him. Grinning, he told me "The W.A.R. has ended! Our side won against the General and his army!" Cuddles pulled me into his warm embrace for a quick moment. I blushed a little, stammering "Th-that's fantastic!" Never before have I gotten that kind of affection. It felt... good. "Where are we going?" I replied. "The team of soldiers are receiving awards, and we're just going to the ceremony." He blinked. "Aren't you going?" "Oh, I don't think-" "Come on..." Cuddles groaned, nudging my arm. "Okay, okay, I'll do it." I always gave into him...
~ ~ ~
(Flippy's POV)
"Hurr, okay, settle down, folks." A tall sky blue moose said into a microphone. The racket from the audience ceased. "Now, give it up for the, uh, people dat granted us freeness!" A hand-less beaver with a construction hat on revealed himself and went over to the moose. "The proper word is 'freedom', Lumpy." he whispered, loud enough for me to make out. "Uh, yeah, free-dumb." He signaled for us to get on stage. Marching, I proudly lead the team across the stage to the wooden podium. 'Lumpy' handed me the mic. "Uh... hello. My name is Flippy, along with my soldiers, Sneaky and Mouse Ka-Boom." They both waved sheepishly to the crowd. "It was an honor for us to serve this town. Thank you." Claps of thunder came into earshot. As the beaver tried to pick up the medals to give us, clearly frustrated, I skimmed the audience, wanting to get a good look at everyone. A squirrel with a red bandanna over his eyes saluted to me. With a flick of the hand, I saluted back. There was a purple beaver with large back teeth and an autograph book in his clutches, a midnight-blue skunk fidgeting around with her Christmas tree necklace, a peach chipmunk cheering along with a yellow rabbit next to her... and that's when I spotted the battered-up porcupine cowering fearfully behind the rabbit.


No comments:

Post a Comment