Flippy the pizza bear

Flippy the pizza bear
The music playing was so epic! And I loved this show!!!

Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Opposites attract ch 12

Chapter 12: A misunderstanding
(Flaky's POV)
"Flippy, dinner is ready!" I sang, but didn't hear a following response. "F-flippy?" I called out again. I slid across the marble floor as I searched for him. "Where are you?" My lip trembled as I spoke. I pulled the sliding-glass door open, and found him laying in the glass, as calm as night. The stars in the sky had faded away. Flickering fireflies twirled around in the air. Cricket chirps clouded up in my ears. I backed away, not wanting to disturb him, but he stopped me. "Come on. There's nothing to be afraid of." I took my place next to him. "I've been having a lot of thoughts lately..." He told me. "About what?" "Us." He paused to sigh. My face dimmed. "What about us?" I asked him. "I don't see how there can be an... us... while we're like this." I looked at him like he was insane, because that was the way he was talking. "We can never be an us... like, ever?" My stomach was knotting up. "If we return back to normal then yeah, but... I can't figure out how, or when." I blinked back the tears. "I... I get it." I squeaked, getting up to leave. "...And what is that?" Flippy said. "We can't ever be anything more than we already are." I went back inside, closing the door softly, then used the dish towel to dry the tears that were sliding down my cheeks.
---
(Flippy's POV)
"We can't ever be more than we already are...?" I repeated mentally. What was that supposed to mean? ...I suddenly felt it all click. I slapped my forehead in frustration. "I... sounded like I didn't want to be a couple... with her..." Even though I worded it pretty well and that it was misunderstood by Flaky, I still was furious at myself for letting it happen. "Great.... another problem..."
---
(Flaky's POV)
"Look, you've got it all wrong-" "How can I get it wrong, when you said it so precisely, huh?!" I turned my back to him. "Please, listen to me..." "How come? I thought you didn't like me, because of-" "Flaky!" He screeched. "What???" We stood face to face, our heart-shaped noses only a few inches away from one another. "I love you." "Yeah, well I love all of my friends, too." I sputtered. Flippy put his hands on my shoulders and squeezed tightly. "Not that kind of love, Flaky! I meant the kind when one that shows compassionate for another person. That love." He explained in a quick breath. I froze, only to hear my heart beating in my ears. "......H....honestly?" His eyes twinkled with happiness. "No doubt about it." I leaned in for a kiss, but he put out his finger. "Hold on, I want to scrub out my mouth one more time." He told me. "How come?" "I probably still have some Disco Bear taste in it. "Gross, but true."
---
(Flippy's POV)
After the best seven seconds of my life, Flaky licked her lips, then smirked. "Were you wearing lip gloss?" She asked. "I thought that you wouldn't notice..."
---
I repeatedly stabbed my chicken with a silver fork, bored out of my mind. I gazed out the window and spotted a bushy-tailed squirrel scamper across some power lines. He took a nibble out of one, then sparks flew as it got electrocuted. I sprung out of my seat, exclaiming "That's it!"
---
The flashlight shook in Flaky's hand. "I... I don't like this place." She remarked, clinging to me. "It's okay, I'll protect yo-" I squealed as I tripped over a discarded book on the floor. She giggled. "Smooth, Flippy."
---
Paw in paw, we entered the basement. I let go of her hand and explored the room, guided by the light, which Flaky provided. "It feels like only yesterday, we were wondering around here on Halloween night, doesn't it, Flaky?" I asked. Silence. I turned around to see the flashlight rolling on the ground. Flaky had disappeared.

No comments:

Post a Comment