Flippy the pizza bear

Flippy the pizza bear
The music playing was so epic! And I loved this show!!!

Monday, September 13, 2010

Opposites attract ch 9

Chapter 9: Sideways sports
(Flaky's POV)
"Flaky? Flaky, where are you?" He asked, head bobbing from left to right. I found myself biting my lip as I was lurking around in the shadows. His back was completely turned on me. "...now!" Evil exclaimed. Sniffling one last breath, I whispered "I'm sorry, Flippy." Something deep inside of me burned as I attacked, him falling to the floor.
---
I let out a small yelp as I opened up my eyes. I saw the blurry red numbers on the alarm clock; 3:09. Flippy began to groan. "What happened?" He asked me directly. "I had a scary nightmare again..." I told my friend. He rolled over, looking at me with tired eyes. "I'm sure it's nothing. Go back to sleep, Flaky." Flippy mumbled. "Alright, you win..." I pushed my pillow over to his side of the bed and moved closer to him. He opened one eye. "What are you doing?" He said. I gave him a nervous grin. "The bed is very large, and it seemed lonely on my side. It would make me much more comfortable to be over here with you." I explained. At first, it didn't look to me like he was buying it, but then he said "It's okay with me, I guess." "Great!" I leaned my head against his (or my...?) fuzzy red chest and smiled. Soon enough, I heard his snarly breathing. "Do I really snore that loud?" I thought.
---
"...And that is why I have dandruff issues." I finished, beaming with pride over my story. Flippy stared at me. "That was... interesting." He concluded, looking off into the distance. I noticed how he was acting strangely. "Is everything okay?" I asked him. Flippy shrugged. "I've been thinking a lot lately." He responded. We crossed the street and went over near the local baseball field. "About what?" "Well, I-" "Hiya guys!" Cuddles yelled to us from over the fence. "Hey Flaky, wanna play? We need an extra player." I nibbled on my fingernails, hoping that he wasn't referring to baseball. But I knew for sure that he was... "Sure, what have I got to loose?" Flippy replied, going in through the metal-wired gate. "My whole sports reputation..." I sighed, following after him.
---
The red-and-white baseball flew in the air. I watched in terror as it was going towards... Flippy. He noticed at the last second and held the thick glove out, but it ended up smacking him in the jaw.
---
"Run to the next base!" Toothy instructed Flippy to do. He squinted out into the grass and called out "I don't see any military bases around here..." "No, I mean those dirty white shapes laid out on the ground. THOSE are bases." Toothy said. Flippy nodded, understanding what he meant, and raced to the next base.
---
He ran past the final base, screaming "Yeah! Touch down!" I, like the other members of his team, face-palmed.
---
"That was exhilarating!" Flippy told me, patting the dirt off his fur. "Now if only you hadn't done that to the pitcher..." I said. "I thought that was what you're supposed to do in baseball!" He argued in his defense. "More like Football..." I sneered. "Say what you want, but I know that I did great. Didn't you hear my team cheer after I left?" "I'm pretty sure that they were happy 'cause you were leaving." I responded. "Okay, so maybe I'm a little rusty on the sport..." He admitted. "Yeah, 'a little'." I said sarcastically. "Oooh ooh ooh!" Petunia rushed up from behind us and handed Flippy an envelope. "Hope to see you there!" She said, right before she dashed away. Flippy ripped it open and pulled out a card. It read "You're invited!" in big silvery letters at the top. He had his eyes glued to it. "This is just great..." He grumbled.

No comments:

Post a Comment